At each monthly
meeting a speaker presents a program on some phase of succulent culture.
feature is the Plant of the Month, in which members bring representatives of one
group of cacti and one of other succulents for discussion and for judging in a
Each meeting also
includes plant sales by vendors and other members, as well as drawings for free
There's also a
table full of plants that members want to show off or ask questions about.
Other activities include:
* An annual show and sale, held the first weekend in May.
* A barbeque and auction, held each August.
* The Holiday Party, at which Plant of the Month winners receive award plants.
replaces the December meeting.
* Visits to nurseries and gardens from Santa Barbara to San Diego.
* Each year one randomly-chosen member gets a scholarship to
attend the Succulent
Symposium at the Huntington Botanical Gardens.